Patsy Cline is an artist that has influenced generations of entertainers in many genres of music. Her irrepressible charm, confidence and tenacity allowed her to succeed in the male-dominated industry of her time. Patsy's captivating vocals are haunting and sentimental, and her timeless records are some of the finest examples of the Nashville Sound.
Patsy Cline recorded 102 masters in 34 sessions; these performances are cataloged and cross-referenced with lists of issues, musicians, songs and songwriters. Session view catalogs of Patsy's transcriptions, concerts, radio and television performances are available. You'll also find a list of Patsy Cline overdubs and remixes that have been produced through the years. A guide to instrument abbreviations used throughout the discography is found on the Indexes menu. Click on the Miscellanea menu to find related articles of interest.
It is near impossible to compile and maintain a complete discography of Patsy Cline. Her full catalog remains in print, and reissue material has been steadfastly released since the 1960s. In recent years there are many Public Domain releases of her music. The words “issue(s)” and “release(s)” are used interchangeably within this discography, and the following guidelines have been set to keep the pages concise:
- Foreign singles have been ignored, unless the issue contains different performances and was not released domestically.
- Various artist releases are listed only if the issue is from an original label, or if a rare performance is included. Only the Patsy Cline performances are listed for such titles.
- Reissues with the same title, cover art and programming are listed only in the notes of the original release. Audiophile issues are the exception.
- Reissues that contain identical programming but different titles and artwork are listed in the notes of the earliest release of the title, foreign or domestic.
- Issues beyond 2013 (Patsy's lifetime +50 years) are listed only if the release is from a reputable label, or if the compilation contains rare material.
This discography was generated using BRIAN, Steve Albin's software application for the creation of discographies.