Patsy Cline is an artist that has influenced generations of entertainers in many genres of music. Her irrepressible charm, confidence and tenacity allowed her to succeed in the male-dominated industry of her time. Patsy's captivating vocals are haunting and sentimental, and her timeless records are some of the finest examples of the Nashville Sound.
Patsy Cline recorded 102 masters in 34 sessions; these performances are cataloged and cross-referenced with lists of issues, musicians, songs and songwriters. Session view catalogs of Patsy's transcriptions, concerts, radio and television performances are available. You'll also find a list of Patsy Cline overdubs and remixes that have been produced through the years. A guide to instrument abbreviations used throughout the discography is found on the Indexes menu. Click on the Miscellanea menu to find related articles of interest.
It proves difficult to maintain a complete discography of Patsy Cline; her full catalogue remains in print on countless Public Domain releases. “Issue(s)” and “release(s)” are used interchangeably within this discography, and the following guidelines have been set to keep the pages concise:
- Formats are displayed beside issue titles; catalogue prefixes are ignored to prevent redundancy and to streamline the pages.
- Foreign singles are ignored, unless the issue contains different performances than its domestic counterpart.
- Various artist releases are listed only if the issue is from an original label, or if a rare performance is included.
- Reissues with identical programming (including some with a different title or artwork) are listed only in the notes of the original release; audiophile issues are one exception.
- Issues later than 2013 are listed only if the release is from a reputable label, or if the compilation includes rare material.
This discography was generated using BRIAN, Steve Albin's software application for the creation of discographies.